Grow your knowledge & build your business
Short, sharp masterclasses from Brickflow CEO & Founder, Ian Humphreys to help you expand your knowledge of the commercial property finance industry, from development finance to bridging loans.
Whether you’re a seasoned broker, developer or lender, or new to the specialist property finance sector, we share the essential info you need to know about property development funding in a series of succinct videos that take less than 12 minutes to watch
How does property development finance work?
It may sound like a simple question, but a more in-depth understanding of how property development finance works could mean saving hundreds of thousands of pounds on a deal. In this masterclass, we share:
- How development finance is calculated
- What is sweat equity
- What is the capital stack
- How interest rates work
- The concept of True Monthly Cost
- The importance of personal guarantees
How does bridging finance work?
Bridging loans are no longer a last-resort funding option for property developers and in fact, they’re a powerful tool to facilitate both simple and complex transactions, quickly. In this video, we cover:
- The key features of bridging finance
- When to use a bridging loan
- Using assets to secure a loan
- The differences between regulated & unregulated
- The differences between open & closed loans
- The downsides to bridging finance
- Who can secure bridging loans for property development
The issues that matter to you
We’ve got plenty more videos coming soon, from ‘Why the most successful property developers use a broker’, to ‘The cost of getting your development finance wrong’.
If you’ve got other ideas on topic areas for a commercial property finance masterclass, we’d love to hear them and we’ll do our best to get them made.
Let us know at email@example.com